Image Map

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Da Na Nana Nana Nana...Batman!

Do you know how hard it is to type the Batman theme song?

That was my poor attempt at it.

Very poor.

But I executed decorating Batman cookies much better than "type-singing."

These special Batman cookies are for a very special three year old friend of ours.  We like him.  He's pretty cool.  And he loves my cookies.

Which makes him an even cooler kid in my book.  He knows the way to my heart.

So for his third birthday he asked (well...his mom did but I'm going to pretend he asked) for Batman cookies.  After all it is his favorite superhero.  He was Batman for Halloween.  Pretty big deal.

Nothing is cuter than a small child dressed as a mini-superhero.  Mask and all.

So Batman cookies it is.

But I needed the husband to make me a Batman cutter.  Based on this picture I pulled off of the internet. Thank you Google.


And thank you Dave for making the pretty cutter.


I had to do some drawing on the cookies (instead of taking the time to setup the projector - yes I'm lazy). Don't worry it's not a black sharpie.  It's a food safe marker.  Really.  It is.

I think they look like cats.


Cue my nervousness setting in.

I can't have cat cookies.

The black outline helped.  Sorta.


Filling in made all the difference.  I started to relax.  A little.




I waited overnight for the black flood to dry. Then I used my flesh colored frosting (the word flesh and frosting shouldn't be together in a sentence) to line the bottom of the face.


And flood in with fleshy colored flood frosting...oh and fill in the eyes with white.

See here's where I realize I went out of order in photos.  I flooded the flesh colored frosting and white eyes and let it dry for about 2 hours.  Then I came back and outlined the mask in black.



And to cap it off I used the flesh colored thick frosting to pipe on the facial expressions aka "the Batman frown."  Some call it a stoic look.  I think he's a little frowny.


I guess you have to be frowny to be a super cool superhero.  They can't be bubbly and giddy.

So Batman.  Here you are.  And I hope you'll make Cole a very happy three year old for his birthday.


Happiest Birthday Coley-Coleman-Stinky Pete-Coleosis!!

Don't ask.  The Stinky Pete part is hard to explain.  But it's funny to call him that and all of the other nicknames.

1 comment: